We invite the 24 Caribbean Nations to gather for the 2020 Prayer Summit:
Rev Dr Maria Harbajan is President and CEO of the National Intercessory Prayer Network of Jamaica and Prayer Centre of the Caribbean. She is an ordained minister and involved in the ministry of intercession for over 30 years – interceding for the Church, Jamaica and the nations unreached with the gospel. She was host of their radio programme, “RISE UP JAMAICA”, which was aired on LOVE FM from 1995-2019.
Maria is a member of the International Prayer Council as convener of the Caribbean Prayer Summit. She is founder and senior counsellor at the OASIS Counselling Services. A speaker at conferences, camps, schools, churches, etc. She speaks on a variety of topics including Relationships, Intercession, Spiritual Warfare, Stress Management, Issues Involving Young People, and challenges experienced in the Marketplaces (business, etc).
She is a member and leader at the Portmore Gospel Assembly. Married to Devon with a son DeMario Samuel and an adult adopted daughter, Jenene. The Harbajans serve together in missions and intercession.
The Caribbean Prayer Summit aims to target intercessory prayer leaders from throughout the region and beyond with the following objectives:-
- To spiritually lead the way for CARICOM so that our Governments will be able to accomplish their goals for the welfare of the region.
- To provide a forum for the networking of Intercessory Prayer leaders across the Caribbean – no island/nation is to stand alone in its spiritual war.
- Strategic planning for the setting up of a national prayer network on islands/ nations where there might not be any in place – every island needs one.
- To provide a forum for forgiveness of any atrocities that might have been done between the nations and Reconciliation between the Caribbean nations and with their “mother countries”.
- To strengthen and empower prayer leaders to return to their nations/islands and seek to multiply prayer groups and fellowships – partnership and identification with others with similar vision and burdens is an encouragement to Kingdom advancement.
- Development of links, networks, and initiatives in the region; exposing what already exists.
- To encourage the Caribbean youth and children to become more involved in intercession – raising up Millennials to be powerful and effective in prayer.
- To present the concept of a National/Regional Day of Prayer and have it initiated in all the nations.
- Prayers for healing of the nations in the wake of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
• you are a Christian leader/serious intercessor who could ably represent your nation at the Summit.
• you will be willing not only to share about your nation’s prayer needs but to lead delegates into praying for your nation.
• you will be willing upon returning to your country / area, to help in facilitating united corporate prayer for your country.
Dr Jason Hubbard
International Prayer Council
Bishop Dr CB Peter Morgan
International Third World Leaders Association
Bishop Neville Owens
Love and Faith World Outreach Ministries / Jamaica
Rev Frank Porter
Caribbean Prayer Network / Trinidad
Bro Paul Doth
Begi & Wroko (Praying & Working) / Suriname
Min Shirley-Ann Chong
Life Connections International / Jamaica
Rev Sonia Cutting
Strategic Prayer Alliance Network / Barbados